Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Pink Friday

Yesterday I received this letter from Breast Cancer Care about their fundraising campaign
Pink Fridays.
In the past I have been involved in various fundraising activities for this cause and long time readers of my blog may remember this party three years ago. Do click on the link... it's worth it for the laugh.


It got me thinking (dangerous, I know!) I know several people affected by this and other forms of cancer. Two close friends have had breast cancer and survived past the five year mark which is obviously fabulous news for them. Another friend was diagnosed last year and has had an arduous year of treatment which has just finished. She now has to work on getting strong again. Yet another friend in the village has recently had surgery for the return of lung cancer (despite never having smoked) and just yesterday, the day the letter arrived, I learned of two more friends who have now have to do battle with this dreadful disease. I'm certain all of you reading will know at least one person or be personally affected by cancer.
It makes me feel angry that in this day and age we still don't seem able to prevent, diagnose or treat this dreadful disease more efficiently.  I wanted to do something... but my diary is so full for October holding a real Pink Friday event is really out of the question and I'm not sure when I could fit it in ... but then I thought I could hold a virtual Pink Friday and you could join in.


I suppose I should come clean and admit to some selfish motivation here too. You may remember my Marie Antoinette bodice. The plan was always going to be to use knitted cakes as part of the decoration but it just didn't work or look right. So plan B is to construct a huge regency style wig... made entirely from knitted cakes. But unfortunately my knitted cake production is not quite so prolific as my real cake production, so this is where you can help. If you can knit me a cake in any shade/tone of pink... any sort of cake, decorated in any way you like and send it to me by Friday 28th October, I will promise to make a donation to both Breast Cancer Care and Cancer Research UK for every single cake received.


On Friday 28th October I will have a Pink Friday Party here on my blog featuring all the cakes I receive. I will have some sort of giveaway for everyone who has taken part... party bags if you like! There will be balloons and real cake too! If you would like to join in please let me know and I can give you my address. If you need a pattern for a cupcake please email me and I can send you one. Please join in... you'll be helping me out and we'll be doing our own small bit to help fight this dreadful disease. Thank you!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar