Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Walnuts!

Welcome to Sue Blanchard via Bloglovin. I have just updated my menu tab above for anyone who is checking it out.

Having spied some walnuts trees whilst out on a walk a few weeks ago, we decided to check them out. Some were dropping, others opening, some closed. We had no idea about the closed ones but picked some anyway.

Once home, they were tipped into trays and left to dry out a little:
These are the nuts I managed to get out of the open and cracked ones, after they have been scrubbed clean:
Yes, we both used gloves. As a child I had picked some and in my ignorant bliss, used my bare hands. Took weeks for the stains to go!

I have no idea if the others will open. We shall store them in the garage and check on them every now and then. They are a right royal pain to deal with but DB had never had fresh ones and I wanted him to experience them before we get too old to deal with them.

A book we read suggested that if they float they are empty. Most of these floated but on checking a few, they were full, lovely fresh taste, nothing like the nuts you buy later in the year.

As it was such a nice day, I washed all our garden gloves - we have many:
Have a lovely weekend, despite the rain!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar