Directed by:Peter Kuran

Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie, is not your conventional horror movie. There are no monsters under the bed, no slashers, no dark rooms filled with bloody torture devices, and no sluts were harmed in the making of this film. Come to think of it...I don't think you see a single splatter. You don't need to see any of that shit. Trinity is completely terrifying sans the gore.
The 1995 documentary, by Peter Kuran, tells the history of the development of nuclear weapons and their testing. This includes over a thousand tests the U.S. alone conducted. Now, if you are one of those people who tries to steer clear of anything government related (I can't blame you), please dont write this one off. It is not propaganda and Kuran does an excellent job of providing unbiased information.
It gets better. The one providing you the mind blowing facts is sci fi icon, Willam Shatner. "Theres some THING...on the WING...SOMEthing on the WING!" Mr. Shatner clearly introduces each "chapter" and then allows the footage to do the rest of the work. You see, they don't want you to be overwhelmed with words when the remastered original footage hits you square in the face.
I sat there, drool dripping painfully slow from my open mouth, a light sweat on my brow, all the time wishing someone else was there to shelter me from the blast. Unearthly clouds of sky enveloping darkness, reach up into the sky and blast across everything in its path. Houses fall forward like cardboard displays, whole islands and thousands of irreplaceable sea life completely annihilated all for the sake of man's fucking curiosity? I couldn't move except to put my hand to my mouth in shock and rage. Each experiment just an attempt to one up the previous ones.
This is a film you should have to watch. They should put you in a chair Clockwork Orange style and keep your eyes wide open till the last blast. No plot had to be written up. This is the story of man trying to destroy himself and doing a pretty good job. It scared the shit out of me. I have a feeling you will, if nothing else, begin to appreciate bomb shelters. I don't have one but i'm planning to become friends with someone who does...you know....just in case.

0 Yorumlar