Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Times They are a Changing.

...and I'm not just talking about world politics.


When I first started blogging, almost ten years ago I still had four sons living at home, I did a little bit of teaching in adult education and I was about to embark on a degree in stitched textiles.


All these years later and the three older sons have moved out and the youngest is here only part time as he completes his degree. My own degree course was never finished, not through any lack of enthusiasm on my part but because the school ceased to exist and as for my work... it has undergone many changes and is about to do so again.


My teaching gradually increased of the years but then started to wane again as various doors began to close and so a liitle over a year ago I took the opportunity to start my own little baking business as well. I considered myself lucky to be able to work in two different jobs, both doing what I love. But the reality is that whilst doing what I love might be wonderful in an ideal world, it is not really paying the bills.


So as from next week I will be starting something else and have a job 2 - 3 days a week in the kitchen of a brand new cafe attached to a local independent book shop. I've also added an evening class and an extra term to my local teaching commitments and I hope to continue to bake the occasional cake for people in between.


I've no idea how easy I will find it to juggle these various aspects of my week but I know I'll miss my long dog walks at lunchtime and first thing in the morning on the days that I'm working. But with the prospect of lighter evenings I'm hoping there will be plenty of evening walking to be done instead.


"Is it time for another walk yet?"

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar